The Property Appraiser’s office will make every attempt to settle any concerns over value or denials of exemptions or classifications through site visits, sharing of information and the laws applicable to the situation and informal conferences.
It is your right as a property owner to utilize every opportunity available to address your concern prior to the annual tax roll being approved and tax notices being generated. If you disagree with:
- Value of Real or Tangible Personal Property, you have the right to file a petition with the Value Adjustment Board (VAB) within 25 days of the mailing of the TRIM Notice.
- Denial of Exemption, Agricultural/Conservation Classification, you have the right to file a petition with the Value Adjustment Board (VAB) within 30 days of the mailing of the Denial Notice.
The applicant must contact the Clerk of Court to file a petition and pay fees associated with the filing (850) 342-0219. The Clerk of Court administrates the Value Adjustment Board and has complete information on the filing process.
- Click here for DR-486 Petition to Value Adjustment Board – Request for Hearing
- Important Information Sheet About Required Payments (attach to petition Form DR-486)
- DR-486A Written Authorization for Representation Before the Value Adjustment Board
- DR-486DP Petition to The Value Adjustment Board – Tax Deferral or Penalties – Request for Hearing
- Attachment to a Value Adjustment Board Petition for Multiple Parcels and Accounts
- Power of Attorney for Representation Before the Value Adjustment Board
- Petition to the Value Adjustment Board – Transfer of Homestead Assessment Difference, Request For Hearing
- Important Information Sheet About Required Payments (attach to petition Form DR-486PORT)
- Taxpayer Guide on Petitions to the Value Adjustment Board
- Value Adjustment Board Calendar